Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Gourd-eous!

LOAD #10

This is something I put together for a Challenge at Let's Scrap.
When I say a challenge I mean a 'Challenge'... Michelle Looi one of the incredibly 
talented Design Team Members at Let's Scrap did this challenge...

Here is the picture and the instructions for this Challenge... 

click to enlarge

Instructions:

This is a scanned photo from my own collection taken in 2001, from The Small Cloister in Westminster Abbey
1. For this challenge only layout allowed, please use only Let's Scrap sketch
2. You must use at least 3 colors or 3 elements that you see from the photo to your layout : the vines, architectural arch, fountain, gates, water, shaped bushes, creepers, overgrown weeds (?!) etc
3. Please write a short note how the photo inspires you when you upload into the gallery.
Thank you for playing along!


Here is what I came up with:

click to enlarge

Here is what I took from the picture and put into my layout:


As soon as I saw the challenge and saw the colors I wanted to pull from the pic, these are the pictures that came to my mind immediately. I see the pic and I see greens and a golden color.. hence the pics and the paper. I did the decorative rub-on runner down from the top thinking of the iron fence. I did the corrugated paper because I saw the aged building and fountain structure. I did the decorative brads at the top because of the fountain. The green jewels at the bottom of the pics reminded me of the water (nope not blue, green.... you know that water isn't crystal clear and pretty blue!!). 

Here is the Let's Scrap sketch that I used


So why don't you come on over to Let's Scrap and play along with this
challenge and see what you can come up with?? Go to our main page, click on Forum, 
then to Design Team Challenges and look for Challenge #179!!

Thanks for looking!!


1 comment:

  1. hoho! i know the upper vegetables but the green ones are surely alien vegetables!!! the shape the color yep, definitely alien! haha!
    so definitely an interesting page to me....
    PS you might want to turn off word verification ;)

    ReplyDelete